Privacy NoticeHowatt HR respects your information and the need to treat your information with all due care. We do not share, sell, or lease our clients’ information to third parties without asking for permission from our clients. By participating in the tools on the Howatt HR Website, you are accepting the practices described in this Privacy Notice.
What Personal Information Does Howatt HR Gather?
Information You Give Us: You provide information when you search, participate in a tool or questionnaire, or communicate with us. For example, you provide information when you search our website; or communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone number, or e-mails to us. We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide to respond to your requests, analyzing assessment results and communicating with you.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
Datacenter: IBM Toronto
Server Type: Cloud Instance with minimum 2.0GHz cores
Anti-Virus & Spyware Protection: McAfee Total Protection Intrusion
Detection & Protection: McAfee Host Intrusion Protection w/Reporting StoreGrid Encrypted Automatic Backup
Online Access: Protected by GeoTrust Quick SSL Premium certificate.
Backups: Encrypted backups stored on a secure server in Toronto and protected by RDPGuard.
Overview: Howatt HR, Inc. (“Howatt HR”) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its clients, employees, vendors, business partners and others. Howatt HR strives to collect, use and disclose Personal Information (as defined below) in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business, and has a tradition of upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices. Howatt HR practices the principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement.
Howatt HR implements high level security protocols to ensure the protection of personal information collected.
- Personal Information Collected. The personal data that we collect or receive on participants may include: First and Last Name, age, Gender, Ethnicity, and email address (Not all information we request is required by participants and all required personal information fields are marked.) For candidate verification and identification purposes, we may collect all or part of an employee identification number. When tools are administered, we collect and score responses and then derive a score and generate a report about your personality characteristics.
- Aggregation of Non-Person-Specific Data. We may statistically aggregate in non-person-specific form responses and other information collected for Howatt HR internal research purposes. Such aggregated non-person-specific information may be used to enhance, develop or improve our assessment tools, products, processing, scoring norms and other related products and services. By beginning the assessment process, you give your consent to this non-person-specific data aggregation and the use and transmission of this aggregated statistical data as outlined herein.
- Access to Data. Unless otherwise noted by the tool, Howatt HR will not provide results to individuals taking the assessments. Individuals taking the assessments are not guaranteed access to their individual results.
- Information Access and Corrections. To access and correct the personal information that we have collected under this policy, please contact our Customer Service Department or send us an email at info@HowattHR.com To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before amending any of your personal information in our databases.
- Protection of Personal Information. We use reasonable precautions to protect personal information from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. These precautions include appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures. We provide a secured transmission method for the electronic transmission of personal data. Your data is stored in Canada. In order to safeguard individual results, the website contains only the assessment items, not the assessment programs (which are held by Howatt HR and its clients). It is impossible to process results through the website. Results can only be processed by downloading the raw data, decrypting the raw data, and scoring these data with appropriate programs. Until that time, responses to assessment items are merely encrypted alphanumeric strings with no discernible meaning. Individuals taking the assessments are provided a username and password to access the website assessments. In addition, the raw data are encrypted. Each Howatt HR client using the web site is provided with a secure method of data transfer from the internet to their organization.
- Information Received from Internet Service Providers Through This Website Howatt HR does not link IP addresses to personally identifiable information; however, we reserve the right to link IP addresses and other information supplied by the ISP to personally identifiable information in order to protect the integrity of our system and for security purposes.Cookies Cookies are small text files that a Web site transfers to your computer’s browser. Cookies are used by Howatt HR to measure traffic patterns, personalize content and control security. The cookies we use supply non-personally identifiable information, but they may identify your computer, browser and Internet specifications.
- Transmission of Information The Internet is a global environment. By using this site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any data that you may choose to supply us. Information transmissions to this site and emails sent to us may not be secure. Given the inherent operation and nature of the Internet, all Internet transmissions are done at the user’s own risk.
By participating in the Howatt HR tools, including, but not limited to Quality of Work Life (QWL), Function Mapping or various screening tools, you are consenting to the collection of information necessary to conduct assessments In order for individuals taking the assessments to give their informed consent, they must understand the purpose of the assessment, the likely use of the assessment data, and how the data are protected. These protocols are described below and are binding on all QWL clients and individuals taking the assessments. Failure to comply with any of these safeguards will constitute grounds for termination of any data transfer arrangements between QWL and the person(s) or entity(ies) concerned. The Candidate Log-on Entry protocol requires all individuals taking the assessment to give their informed consent before they can complete the assessment process.
Data Use and Storage
The data will only be used by trained and accredited consultants or HR professionals. Data will be used for selection and/or development purposes only. HowattHR will retain individual raw data for a period of three years and, in addition, will use anonymously held (identifying information removed) aggregated data for normative studies. All HowattHR clients are responsible for complying with national and international protocols covering data use and storage.
Assessment data is stored in a server physically located in Canada. The data on the server is backed up using a local solution. Anonymized aggregate data may be accessed by Howatt HR associated consultants located outside of Canada for the purposes of statistical analytics. Any such access is subject to strict contractual obligations concerning the protection of the data in accordance with Canadian standards of data storage and handling.
Access to Data
Howatt HR will not provide results of individuals taking the assessments to any party without the clear and specific consent of the individual. (Individuals taking the assessments are not guaranteed access to their individual results, particularly in processes where they are assigned randomized logins without a means of tracing their results.) The dissemination of the aggregate results is the sole responsibility of the requesting organization.
In order to safeguard individual results, the website contains only the assessment items, not the assessment programs (which are held by Howatt HR). It is impossible to process results through the website. Results can only be processed by downloading the raw data, decrypting the raw data, and scoring these data with appropriate programs. Until that time, responses to assessment items are merely encrypted alphanumeric strings with no discernible meaning.
Individuals taking the assessments are provided a username and password to access the website assessments. In addition, the raw data are encrypted. Each organization using the web site is provided with a secure method of data transfer from the Internet to their organization.
Log Files and Tracking IP addresses are used to analyze trends and gather statistical information. IP addresses can be linked to personal information when visitors provide information such as name, email and phone number as found on forms on the web site including newsletter subscription and demo requests. Using this information we can forward appropriate marketing information. All such email provide single click opt out options. Howatt HR Consulting Inc. uses html email, web server based tracking to monitor the effectiveness of marketing email and determine delivery, opening and click throughs.
Outside Contractors From time to time, Howatt HR Consulting Inc. uses third party contractor to provide services. These contractors do not retain, share, store information other than for the explicit use of Howatt HR Consulting Inc..
Contact Information Questions regarding this privacy statement should be directed to Howatt HR Consulting Inc..
Howatt HR Consulting Inc. 6585 Hwy. 221 Kentville, NS B4N 3V7 Tel: 902-678-8668 Fax: 902-678-6255